I thought I have blogged this before and was quite surprised not to see it in the index of this blog. The current warm weather has prompted me to remember this keeper of a recipe as a great accompaniment to barbecued meats. It's very easy to assemble. Once you've done some of the simple preps all you do is toss it together. Taste.com.au has the recipe that I adapted this from.
200 g couscous
200 ml chicken stock
1 cup diced and seeded cucumber
2 tomatoes - seeded and diced
1 yellow bell pepper - seeded and diced
2 Tbsp chopped red onion
2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp hummus (optional)
freshly grated black pepper
- Combine the chicken stock and 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and bring to just boiling point.
- Immediately pour over the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Fluff couscous and season with salt and pepper. Let cool completely.
- Combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and hummus in a bowl and set aside.
- Toss and mix all the remaining ingredients with the couscous.
- Add the olive oil dressing and stir well to combine.